View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 10:15 PM   #137
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

A Temporary Diversion

I’m leaving my fleets as they are right now, I’ve pretty much explored my limits right now except for a few oceanic zones, and I’m not that interested in exploring them.

What I’d really like a good war. Get me some more land, and have some fun. Someone, declare war on me!

If I can’t have war come to me, then I’ll bring war to someone else!

I make war preparations.

I make my ruler a general.

9 June, 1559 – I declare war against Aragon. Our stability drops because they are Catholic. All four allies join the war (Portugal, Burgundy, Castille, and Tuscany).

I order my large force into Ancona to initiate a siege. I order 5000 troops into Barcelona.

26 August, 1559 – Turks Islands expands!

10 September, 1559 – I got an event I’d rather not have. Unhappiness Among the Clergy. My Catholic priests are upset we have a fairly free thinking society. I have two choices:

(Names are mine) – I’ll run whatever society I want to run: -1 stability
Please don’t hurt me, I’ll do whatever you want – 1 towards narrowminded and away from innovative.

I want neither. I don’t want the event. Ick. Stability loss during war? Feh. I’ll take the narrowminded track.

14 September, 1559 – The first battle in the war, other than sieges, was won against Burgundy in Lombardia. I remembered my achilles heel from the last war.

18 September, 1559 – And then I get driven out of Lombardia. I order more forces to the province. I cannot lose Lombardia.

2 October, 1559 – We set up a colony in Santana!

17 October, 1559 – A large contingent of our forces arrive in Lombardia.

21 October, 1559 – We drive the Burgundians back out of Lombardia.

22 October, 1559 – Switzerland agrees to give us military access, in case I want to strike Burgundy through our ally.

10 November, 1559 – France and Austria begin a hissy fight. I’m rooting for France.

1 January, 1560 – I send colonists to Turks Islands and Santana.

10 January, 1560 – We capture Valencia

13 January, 1560 – Ancona falls.

18 March, 1560 – We barely win a battle in Barcelona and limply begin a siege

1 April, 1560 – We emerge victorious in Lombardia against Burgundy.

5 May, 1560 – We barely won a battle in Barcelona again.

18 May, 1560 – I drop off 3k more troops in Barcelona

7 July, 1560 – I reject the first peace offer, this one from Aragon for no land. I want the Italian provinces, and maybe Sardinia, The Baleares or Valencia. But, minimum the two remaining Italian provinces.

20 August, 1560 - Abruzzi falls to us.

23 August, 1560 – We again defeat Burgundy at Lombardia. I was wise making this my level two fort.

26 August, 1560 – Turks Islands expands.

8 September, 1560 – After an assault, we capture Barcelona.

Aragon rejected a peace offer for Valencia, Abruzzi and Ancona

2 October, 1560 – Santana expanded.

9 October, 1560 – Burgundy accepts our offer of a white peace. That’s bad news for the Iberia boys left in the war.

17 November, 1560 – We drive the small defending force in Sardinia into the sea and begin a siege here as well.

1 January, 1561 – I send two colonists again, yadda yadda.

1 April, 1561 – Funj asks for military access. I don’t even know where they are, but I say sure.

1 May, 1561 – Our stability increases.

26 August, 1561 – Turks Island expands

11 September, 1561- Aragon accepts our offer of peace for Ancona, Abruzzi and Valencia.

I accept peace with Portugal for 8 ducats of theirs.

Ancona – A province that we gained a core on, 68494 Umbrian Catholics work the poor wool trade here. They make us 6.98 ducats annually. The province comes with a temple, workshop, marketplace and courthouse.

Abbruzzi – The other Italian province to fall into our hands, 45757 Umbrian Catholics work the ever popular wine trade here. 13.49 ducats are created here annually in taxes and production. Already built here are a workshop, temple, marketplace and courthouse.

Valencia – This Iberian province is southwest along the Spanish coastline from Barcelona. 104848 people work the, you guessed it, wine trade here. The Catalan Catholics here make an unknown amount of ducats, because the province is still blockaded from the war. They have the same four improvements mentioned above.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote