View Single Post
Old 03-16-2007, 12:39 AM   #141
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

And More

1 September, 1564 – Lombardia is now part of our patrimony and is a core province.

2 October, 1564 – Santana expands.

5 October, 1564 – The Ottomans defeated Kazan and won two provinces.

1 November, 1564 – Our trade tech increases.

14 December, 1564 – Austria defeated Hungary and won Hum and Bosnia.

25 December, 1564 – Austria offers me an alliance. I accept. They are the biggest, baddest boys on the block, and Tuscany is long since outlived its usefulness as an ally.

Plus, this might get me in a war with Hungary. In said war, I’d want to take Dalmatia and Croatia. Austria might get me the hookup.

1 January, 1565 – Let’s just assume that every January for a while I’m sending colonists to Santana and every October 2 they take, unless I tell you otherwise.

28 May, 1565 – I get a Boundary Dispute and press the issue to get a Casus Belli on Roma.

1 July, 1565 – Our naval tech increases.

14 August, 1565 – I move our slider one more towards quality. All of our leaders will now get +1 fire. Our stability drops.

21 Septmeber, 1565 – RM: Pommerania

1 October, 1565 – Our government tech increased when it looked like it was going to be forever before it did so.

1 January, 1566 – I decide to try and wrest the Papacy away from Austria. After a cardinal died and came from our territory in October, we each have two cardinals. I am going to try and bribe an Austrian one. I want that -20% stability cost. That’s handy!

After paying 55 ducats, we are now the Papal Controller!

1 August, 1566 – Our stability increases.

13 November, 1566 – A cardinal has died, and the new cardinal is from Brescia, giving us four of the seven cardinals. Hopefully we’ll be the Papal Controller for a while.

22 February, 1567 – I get an event: Rush of Colonists. I take the Colonists, and we now have a full set of 5.

1 June, 1567 – Our land tech increases

4 February, 1568 – I get a event. Natives Encountering Our Colony in Santana. A group of natives are peacefully but cautiously watching our colony. I have three options:

1). Repel the Savages. Colony grows by 200, native numbers decrease by 300.

2). Present a Trade Proposal. I lose 50 ducats, but the tax base increases by one.

3). Do nothing. Lose some prestige.

Our colony is two away from expansion, and I’ve sent out one of those. I don’t want to kill off natives, or else I’d take the first option. The tax base is minor for a colony. I choose nothing initially, but as I think about it. I save a full colonist and the money to send it by choosing option number one. The colony expands to 1000, then takes the 200 natives then the 100 new colonist arrive to make it 1300. A full province. I can send another set of colonists out now. Let’s take number one after all.

Looks like the natives chose not to join, and just left or something. Let’s take a look at Santana, a new city:

1030 Lombard Catholics work the gold mines in this coastal province. We get 42 ducats annually, 40 of those being gold production.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote