View Single Post
Old 03-16-2007, 02:41 AM   #142
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Conflict Quick and Expected

Okay, time to send out more colonists. Here are some ideas:

Southern Africa. Then use that as a base for future explorations.

Near or beside Santana. There are other solid colonial areas here. This would help mutual defense.

Actually, I think that these are the best two areas. Here are some of the best choices from those two areas:

Little Karoo – Of the South African provinces, none combines a wealthy crop like Sugar with low aggressiveness natives. There are just 500 natives, but they are very peaceful. 78% of setting up a colony here. 364 days to set up a colony.

Sao Vincente – Next to Santana, 1000 natives with low aggressiveness are in this Sugar province. 75% of setting up a colony here. It would take 272 days.

Those are really my two options. Sao Vincente or Little Karoo.

I choose Little Karoo. Then I may go to Sao Vincente next. I want that outpost to use as a place to explore further outwards.

20 June, 1568 – RM: France

4 August, 1568 – Hungary has declared war against Austria. I agree to assist my fellow Austrians.

I make preparations.

9 August, 1568 – We defeat the Hungarians in the Adriatic and captured a ship.

1 October, 1568 – Apulia and Calabria are now part of our patrimony.

2 October, 1568 – Santana expanded.

13 October, 1568 – We win the Battle of Dalmatia, and begin a siege.

1 November, 1568 – Liguria is now part of our patrimony.

12 November, 1568 – I lose a battle in Croatia and retreat my forces back to Dalmatia

1 January, 1569 – I have the money, so I send a colonist to San Vicente

1 February, 1569 – Provence are the new Papal Controller.

10 February, 1569 – Our attempt to colonize Little Karoo has failed. I send in more colonists. Just a 22% chance of failure. That sucked.

12 February, 1569 – My main army arrived in Croatia, blasted the defenders, and has begun a siege of their capital.

6 April, 1569 – Croatia falls after an assault

28 May, 1569 – Dalmatia falls to us.

29 May, 1569 – Hungary accepted peace for Dalmatia.

Dalmatia: 21835 people work the relatively poor wool trade in this sleepy province along the east coast of the Adriatic. 8.03 ducats are made by the Croatian Catholics. Venice and Hungary have it as a core province. It’s not that valuable, but it increases our Mediterranean presence in a new area.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote