View Single Post
Old 03-17-2007, 06:01 PM   #145
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Brevity in Arms

30 September, 1574 – Sao Vicente grows

1 October, 1574 – I’ve discovered a Lithuanian colony on the coast of West Africa, beside Kongo. I offer Kongo a free trade agreement,

1 November, 1574 – After making preparations, I declare war against Venice.

All three of ours allies honor our alliance and join us against Venice.

I have a small army in boats outside of Corfu, and they are ordered to march onto Corfu and begin a siege. Another army is in Ferrara and ordered into Venezia to begin a siege. Finally, a large army is in Lombardia, and they will smash into the major Venetian army, blood will run this day.

9 November, 1574 – The Siege of Corfu has begun

10 November, 1574 – And the siege of Venezia.

29 November, 1574 – I lost the Battle of Piedmont. I retreat to Lombardia to regroup. I hate losing the first battle in a war that I planned.

1 January, 1575 – I order colonists to Sao Vicente

4 January, 1575 – RM: France

18 January, 1575 – My large army arrives in Nice and begins a siege

9 March, 1575 – Corfu falls to us.

30 March, 1575 – After an assault, Nice falls to us

2 April, 1575 – A Venetian force is besieging Liguria

14 April, 1575 – The besiegers from Corfu arrive at Venezia to assist the siege here.

30 April, 1575 – My army and a Tuscan army drive the Venetians away from Liguria

1 June, 1575 – RM: Saxony

2 June, 1575 – Venezia falls to us.

13 September, 1575 – We drive back the Veneitans from Piedmont with a combined assault of my main army and the Venezian army.

30 September, 1575 – Sao Vicente expands

5 October, 1575 – We won the battle of Savoie.

4 November, 1575 – The first peace offer from Venice arrives and it was laughable.

11 November, 1575 – After an early walls breached during the siege, I order us to pour in and we capture the city.

6 December, 1575 – Piedmont falls to us.

8 December, 1575 – Venice accepts peace. They give us Nice, Piedmont, and become our vassals.

Nice:

40647 people work the quiet and relatively poor fish trade here on the coast immediately west of Liguria. The Lombard Catholics send us 7.78 ducats annually. They have a temple, marketplace, courthouse and workshop.

Piedmont:

117731 people work the unsurprising wine trade here in Lombard country. The Catholics here send us 21.8 ducats annually. They have a courthouse, workshop, temple and University!

I recruit another admiral. I split off 6 Flytes from my Med fleet and send 6k troops on those ships. Time to send sole soldiers abroad.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote