View Single Post
Old 03-17-2007, 10:11 PM   #149
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Times of Boredom

26 October, 1577 – NLD: Taiwan. Whoah momma. Unclaimed CHINAWARE province with almost 6000 natives.

20 November, 1577 – Our explorer berths at Ternate.

18 December, 1577 – I accept a request from Venice to move across our provinces.

1 January, 1578 – I have a colonist and some money. Where next to colonize?

Obviously the Spice Islands offer some nice choices. What are the best?

Well, for pure value, Taiwan is amazing. The natives are a bit pissy I have a 70% chance of my first colonist taking, it costs me 100 ducats, almost twice as much as normal. It would take 672 days for colonists to reach Taiwan. Plus, it may be a bit too close to China for my tastes. What if China decides they want it? What do I do?

Mataram – As a spice province with a high tax value (8 outta 10) there’s really not much more you could want from a province. The large number (9000) of slightly aggressive natives might be a problem considering the slow speed of colonization here in the Indies.

If all I want in an outpost and a spice isle, then Halmahera is my best choice. The 500 natives here barely register a pulse, and although the taxvalue is very low (1), it’s a spice colony. There’s a large 82% chance of my first colonists settling – which is about as good as you are going to get with natives on the colony. Let’s send our colonists here.

Halmahera it is.

April 4, 1578 – Our Monarach, Giovanni III has died. We have a new king, Guglielmo III. Admin: 7, Military: 8, Diplomacy: 3

April 6, 1578 – RM: Burgundy, Castille

8 April, 1578 – RM: Great Britain

10 April, 1578 – Lithuania lost a province in peace accords with the Ottomans

27 April, 1578 – We became the Papal Controller again.

30 April, 1578 – RM: Lithuania

1 May, 1578 – Our stability increased.

4 May, 1578 – Little Karoo grewoo

20 May, 1578: RM: Tyrone

23 May, 1578 – A new war between Crimea and the Ottomans against Lithuania begins

1 January, 1579 – I order level one forts in Turks Islands and Santana

31 July, 1579 – Little Karoo expanded. I sent more colonists in.

30 September, 1579 – RM: Saxony

20 October, 1579 – We successfully set up a colony in Halmahera

1 January, 1580 – I order a level one fort built in Sao Vicente

25 June, 1580 – The Teutonic Order again tries to pick a fight with Austria. Again I agree to join our fellow brothers.

30 July, 1580 – Little Karoo expands. I send out more colonists.

1 September, 1580 – Turks Island is now a core

1 January, 1581 – I order more colonists to Halmahera

23 January, 1581 – RM: France

8 July, 1581 – The Order sent us a white peace offer, which we accepted.

29 July, 1581 – Little Karoo expands. I send more colonists. If these take, then it’s a city and the natives join.

16 September, 1581 – I take a look at my slider settings, because I can move one. I decide to move us one towards Free Trade. Our stability drops.

1 January, 1582 – Our government tech increases

1 March, 1582 – Our land tech increases.

I need to find another place to send colonists. After some consideration, I choose Rio de Janeiro. It’s near my current South America holdings, and a sugar province. It’s solid.

10 March, 1582 - - Hungary ceded territory to the Ottomans. That leaves just one Hungarian province left – Croatia.

29 July, 1582 – Little Karoo expands. It is now a full colony:

Little Karoo – Located on the southern tip, east side, of the African continent, Little Karro is an ideally suited colony for exploration and interseas trade. 1563 Catholic Lombards work the sugar trade here. 25.08 ducats are made here annually, with 22 of those being production.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote