View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 11:13 PM   #54
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The tunnel is over one hundred feet high and wide. Usually it is alive with traffic and yet now it is dead. As I continue, I pass an overturned fruit cart, and then arrive at a fork. I can go left or right, or use Tracking. I use Tracking and discover that the left tunnel is quicker by two miles, and that recent bootprints head off into both the right and left tunnels. I choose left.

As I go, I eventually find a passenger wagon to the right side of the tunnel. Around it are three dead bodies of Duranese soldiers. I can go it, go past, or use Sixth Sense, which I do and detect a strong aura of evil from the wagon, and I get a new chance to go back and take the right tunnel. I do that.

The right tunnel has some steps cut into the wall and a platform at the top. I can climb the platform, go on, or use Sixth Sense, which I do, Once again, I sense great evil. Well, I have to confront it sooner or later. I climb up the stone steps to the platform. As I do, I hear a blood-curdling cry and see the blood red soul-piercing eyes of a Helghast again. I draw my magic spear and level it at the Helghast as it charges me. It impales itself on my spear and we tumble to the ground and I take 2 EP. I can choose to run or try and drive the spear into it killing it. I do the latter and kill it and retrieve my magical spear. Dead Helghast. I wipe the tip on its smouldering robe.

I run down the tunnel as fast my legs will take me. Almost three miles pass before I see a group of wagons in the distance that are set up like a barricade. Soldier in red uniforms line the barricade. As I get closer, they dispatch a group of ten soldiers to meet me.

These are soldiers of Durenor, and there are ten of them, so I raise my hands rather than attack scared soldiers who are my allies. They demand to know who I am and hat my business is. I tell them, and they don’t believe me until I show a certain Seal. They have a horse drawn carriage behind the line and I am ushered in and the knight and I are taken down Tarnalin.

The Knight is Lord Axim of Ryme, commander of King Alin‘s personal bodyguard. They had a run in with the Helghast and him and just ten men survived. I must eat a meal in the coach, and I choose to eat my Laumspur. Will my journey finally be successful?

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote