View Single Post
Old 02-25-2006, 09:29 PM   #314
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000
oh, and Napoleon Dynamite - I really disliked it. There simply isn't a movie there, it's just a collection of ideas that must have seemed funny while the writer was stoned. There isn't a reason to care about any character in any way.
Thank you, finally someone else who feels the way I do. It felt like a best of SNL DVD where it was Jimmy Fallon playing the same character in different scenes.

Brokeback Mountain - 6.8/10 - I mean, there were some heartfelt moments, but aside from it being about gay cowboys, it felt like every other romantic movie. People can't be together because the world won't let them, they try to find ways but it ends in tragedy. Plus it loses points for the shot of the boys nude, negating any plus points for the girls nude. Beautifully shot, and I think the acting was better than most movies, with Heath Ledger channeling his inner Slingblade, and the sheep scenes were hilarious. I generally just don't enjoy romantic movies, so I wasn't really going to enjoy this anyway.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote