View Single Post
Old 09-04-2015, 05:05 PM   #101
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Dude, no offense, but unless you're telling me you were an avid Pac 12 watcher during that time and still hold to this opinion, I'm kinda putting your take aside.

Before Harbaugh was hired, Stanford was putrid. Just terrible. They were beyond doormats. Harbaugh not only changed the kids in that program, he changed the program itself and the whole culture. That wasn't Luck. Luck was just a part of the scene; a key part, yes, but that was Harbaugh's program, through and through.

Harbaugh was so good at Stanford that an, IMO, pedestrian carry over coach in David Shaw has managed to keep that program going good by driving it on cruise control, and it has been what 4-5 years now? Crazy.

They weren't putrid. I've seen putrid. Rutgers from 1996 to 2002 was putrid. Duke from the time Steve Spurrier left to the time Cutcliffe got there was terrible. Stanford was a 4 and 5 win team who played a lot of close games against really tough schedules. Walt Harris' first year they were 4-4 in conference and they lost in OT to UCLA's 10 win team and lost to a BCS bound Notre Dame team on a last second TD.

My main point is that Harbaugh doesn't walk on water. He may get Michigan back to the New Year's Day bowls but it's not going to be with Jake Rudock or Shane Morris at QB. Michigan fans should be happy if they win 6 games this year.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote