View Single Post
Old 12-14-2014, 03:15 PM   #5
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

So what is this thing anyway?

Using the rules of the wargame BattleTech (which made my #1 game in my Top Ten Games list of all time BattleTechWiki ) as well as the MegaMek software, I have created a dynasty set in the BattleTech universe. I do a ton of research to try to make sure that as many mainline elements from the real universe are included in mine. I've only made a few minor changes at first, that then turn into bigger and bigger changes, so that, by the end of this chapter, we will have a huge shift in a major, major key event.

What will that change be?

You'll see!

But in the meantime, this dynasty began with a small, mixed forces company of mercenaries. Over time, it got bigger and bigger, and then fought in major wars and did contracts for major players. Eventually, the unit grew into on of the biggest mercenary commands in existence. Then the unit's home planet, and nearby systems fell into Chaos. They were no longer part of any state, and pirates, local nobles, and more increased power considerably. So we decided to step into the gap, and began to carve a new state, the Celestial Coalition, from the nearby systems.

Now the mercenary unit is the major arms force of the Coalition and its leader, Duke Essex, is the same guy who formed a small company of mercs a long time ago From scrapping together coins to try and find the cash to keep their command afloat to investing in infrastrucutre and running a multi-system nation, this campaign has veered multiple times.

I have plotted this entire dynasty, like Babylon 5, and I included a variety of doors in case things happened. So if Braham Essex died on the battlefield, I had plans in place for how that would shift things. Who would have stepped into the gap.

That's what this dynasty is!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 12-14-2014 at 03:18 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote