View Single Post
Old 03-22-2015, 01:39 AM   #7
Rawhide
High School Varsity

House Rules

Coaching Staff
- I may hire and fire coaches without restriction.
- Where suitable, preference will be given to former Monarchs players when hiring.

Roster Management
- I may re-sign any number of players from my roster in any year once their contract has expired.
- I may apply the franchise tag where needed.
- I may extend the contracts of any players under contract, but their bonus must be increased by 50% to reflect higher costs of living in England.
- I may only "cap out" the contract of one player from offense and one player from defense each year, where needed.

Free Agents
- I may sign a number of free agents each year, under the following formula: Free Agents = (18 - Number of Wins in Previous Season). So, for instance, in a 4-12 season, I may sign 14 free agents from other sides.
- No free agent signing can have a higher rating than any player in the same position group under contract as at the beginning of the staff draft. So, I may only sign that 40/40 quarterback if there is already a player on the offensive side of the ball with comparable ratings, e.g. 42/42. That will prevent me from stocking my team in 1977 with free agent mercenaries
- I will make all offers before the second stage of free agency ends. I cannot make any new offers until the last player that I offered a contract to has signed, either with me or elsewhere. I may update offers to players who already have offers but cannot make offers to any other players until that 'first phase' is complete.
- When I install a new head coach, offensive coordinator or defensive coordinator, preference in free agency will go to players from their former side.

Trading
- When the AI offers a trade, I will perform a "dice roll" via Microsoft Excel to decide whether to accept. There will be a 50% probability of my accepting any AI trade offer.
- I may not trade for the first overall pick under any circumstance
- I may initiate player-for-player trades with the AI but must give up the superior rated player or a first or second round pick as part of the trade

Game Plans and Roster Management
- I am the general manager; the coaches have full control over gameplanning. I have full control over roster management.

Other tweaks and rules will be added when necessary.
The clouds methought would open and show riches ready to drop upon me, that, when I wak'd, I cried to dream again.

Last edited by Rawhide : 03-25-2015 at 05:35 AM.
Rawhide is offline   Reply With Quote