View Single Post
Old 04-04-2015, 02:38 AM   #42
Rawhide
High School Varsity

Big changes in the NFL.

Rumours became reality as two new European cities were awarded franchises, establishing an all-European division within the AFC.

Rome get a new team called the Centurions, while Paris will be the home of the Concordes.

The Centurions are the former Colts, while the Concordes are the former Oilers.

The NFL didn't want to see Houston and Baltimore left without teams however, and instead took away the Aztecs and Bills from their home markets, and transplanted them into their new cities.

The Houston Oilers are now members of the NFC South, and the Baltimore Colts will play in the AFC East.

We will now travel across to America for just five games, instead of eight, with eleven games now in our own time zone.

----

Our free agent signings barely rate a mention.

Tim Smith (Seattle) and Jose Bynaker (St Louis) both leave the club.

Paul Gruber is our first pick in the draft at seventh overall. We consider taking Thurman Thomas, but decide fixing our line is the priority, especially as we still have Joe Delaney.

----

Five years since our last playoff apperance (and only winning season). Can we repeat the old magic?

Well, the first game doesn't exactly inspire confidence. Losing 0-27 at Rome!

At the halfway point of the season, three teams in the AFC Europe division are holding playoff seeds. Guess which team isn't?

We still finish the season with a 6-10 record, so we haven't gone in decline. Regardless, I feel this is a wasted season.

The new boys, Paris and Rome, are both off to the NFL playoffs. Elsewhere, the reborn Houston Oilers are the NFC South champions. The Baltimore Colts had a dismal season at 3-13 though, and there is talk that the franchise may be on the move again. Charlotte, Indianapolis and Jacksonville are candidates to receive the side.

Paris and Rome shock the world by winning both of their playoff games and face off in the AFC Championship game.

AFC Championship Game
Paris Concordes 23
Rome Centurions 6

NFC Championship Game
Los Angeles Rams 17
Detroit Lions 12
Yes, that's right, Joe Montana's Rams are off to the Super Bowl.

Super Bowl XXIII
Los Angeles Rams 30
Paris Concordes 10

NFL Awards
MVP - John Elway (Detroit Lions QB)
Super Bowl MVP - Joe Montana (Los Angeles Rams QB)
Offensive Player of the Year - John Elway (Detroit Lions QB)
Defensive Player of the Year - Chip Banks (Toronto Huskies SLB)
Offensive Rookie of the Year - Thurman Thomas (St Louis Cardinals RB)
Defensive Rookie of the Year - Erik McMillan (Denver Broncos SS)

Alvin Wright is named a Second Team defensive tackle.
The clouds methought would open and show riches ready to drop upon me, that, when I wak'd, I cried to dream again.
Rawhide is offline   Reply With Quote