View Single Post
Old 05-20-2019, 08:13 PM   #126
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

December 29 has arrived and I pause while I look to see what I might unearth.

I think I may have my new Devlin

Like Fosu, he’s been free for months, and is now willing to slum it up with us in the Conference. Any job in a storm, right? I make Fejiri an offer to come join us! It will require some cash, but I just got that investment from m y board a few days ago that’ll help a lot, a lot.

I bring in, on trial, the best player on free that’s not at a position of logjam (such as GK) –

This is Will Collar. I wanted to see if he was my new Ashby or Blanchfield, but I am unsure.

Here is the comparison

Collar vs Ashby:

As you can see, Ashby isn’t better anywhere. They are even in speed and technical abilities, and that’s it.

Collar vs Blanchfield:

Now, Blanchfield and Collar are the same in attacking and technically, and Blanchfield is better at vision. But Collar? He’s better everywhere else.

Now, to bring him on would cost be, roughly, 700/week, which would need to come from somewhere.

I thought I was set at MC, as Ashby played well in half a year, and Blanchfield was an obvious upgrade from Moore. But so far? Ashby has 3 goals, 3 assists, and a 7.02 league rating; Blanchfield has 3 assists, no goals, and a 7.03 rating. Now, to be fair to Blanchfield, he has a deep lying playmaker role. That’s not someone you would expect to be rolling off goals and assists. But Ashby last year had 7 goals, 1 assist, in 6 fewer leagues games for us, in the exact same role. Now, sure, this would be harder, since it’s a level up, but that still worries me a little. The difference in price in Ashby from current salary to Collar isn’t much either.

Right now, I have my AM offer out, and that will likely take up most of my new 1k available in salary.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote