Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Hello 2020

Jan. 4 – Home vs Solihill Moors
Jan. 11 – Away vs Fylde
Jan. 18 – FA Trophy – Home vs Stockport
Jan. 25 – Home vs Boreham Wood

Once again, Logan was 2nd in Young Player of the Month voting

Here are the current standings. We are 5th. I don’t want to finish anywhere below 7th, as I want to have at least a shot of promoting. Now, like the previous league, you cannot get out without winning or winning a playoff, there are no slots for hitting #2 or #3. There are just two spots out. I don’t want to rely of guesses, I want out, out – so I am aiming to win, not to get hot with a playoff.

So, if you hit 7th, then you have a lottery ticket out! Now it may look at first like we would have a 1 in 6 chance of making it out as there are 76 teams in the playoffs. But that’s not how math works. That means for teams hitting 4, 5, 6, 7, they fight against each other, and then the winners against 2, 3, and then in a final. So basically, the math looks like this:

Chance of a team hitting 4-7 getting out – 1 in 8
Chance of a team hitting 2-3 getting out - 1 in 4

You double your chances by getting to 3. That’s my new goal now that I am five. Thus my two new players are coming in hopefully to get us enough form to take us to #3. And that seems feasible. I don’t want to rely on 2-7, but if I have to, let’s get to 3.

Fejiri arrives, and he signed for 850/week plus 30% promotion raise. We’ll be starting him at AML for now.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote