View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 09:03 PM   #202
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

PG's:

Freshman Everett Huffman is everything I could hope for! Solomon was rated 69 overall when he graduated. Everett is rated 68 on day 1 and he is only going to get better. The only knock is his size at 5'9 180. However, our scouts think he has the potential to gain a few inches and the potential to become a much better player. As it is, he is MUCH faster than Solomon ever was. In fact, he will match up with speed for any player we faced this year! I didn't expect that at all! He doesn't have the best first step, but it's not bad. He is a very good defender already. He is a decent passer, not great, but decent. He is a good 3 point shooter and ok from other ranges. He is also a surprisingly good rebounder for his size. Basically, he'll fit the role I want him to play perfectly. He's our day 1 starter and should be a 4 year starter, more than likely.

Senior Casey Shaw played last year once Solomon went down. Rated 56 overall he'll play only a few minutes in garbage unless we have injuries. Does have decent size at 6'3 200.

Senior Walk-on Bobby Moran is 6'1 185. Rated 56 overall. No strengths. Shouldn't play much at all.

Junior Walk-on J.B. Bridgewater. 6'1 180. Rated 48 overall and will never see the court.

SG's:

Senior Hodari Chatman is one of my big 3 seniors. Rated 75 overall. He has improved his speed and is the quickest, most athletic guy on the team. Excellent finisher around the hoop. He has become a very good 3 point shooter this past year. He also is a great passer for a 2 guard. Terrific defender as well. He can also rebound and post well for a 2 guard. 6'5 190.

Freshman Donte Snow is everything I hoped for and more! He is rated 72 overall off the bat! He has tremendous potential. He is an INCREDIBLE 3 point shooter. Way better than Andres, Santos, or anyone I have. Futhermore, he is a great finisher around the rim as well. Unfortunately, he lacks the speed or quickness to generate his own shot. He is a solid defender and a good passer but not very athletic. He'll start next year and will be our #1 option off the bench with liberal use this year. Instant offense if we can get him open shots. This guy is going to be a tremendous shooter. 6'5 218 now.

JR Ike Hendriks is getting replaced as a top bench option for the guard spot. He is 6'2 207. He is rated 63 overall. He has worked on his leg strength and is becoming quite fast for a SG. Nice combo type guard with some 3 point shooting ability. Limited passer though. I don't think he is ever going to live up to his "potential." Still, he'll get some minutes off the bench.

Douglas Peciukas is 6'4 200 pound Junior. As the 2nd fastest man on the team behind Hodari, I might get him some PT this year unlike last year. Unfortunately, he doesn't do much else well. He is a mediocre defender, mediocre dribbler, poor finisher, and poor shooter.. so maybe no minutes for him. Rated 57 overall.

Jave Gates is a 6'6 211 pounds SR Walk-on. He is a fairly decent 3 point shooter but can't do much else. Rated 56 overall.

RS FS Walk-on Laurie Beachem is 6'5 205 pounds. He is rated 53 overall. He won't see the court this year unless there are multiple injuries.

SF's:

Willie Andres is the undisputed star of the team. 6'8 224 pounds and now a senior. He is very fast for a SF and could easily play SG. He is a good defender, he is good at stealing the ball, he is a good shot blocker. He is a very good shooter. He is a good passer. His biggest weakness is the lack of stamina at times. This year, I want him to score 20 plus and contend for major awards. Rated 80 overall now.

Channing Santos is a natural SF who played PF for us last year very well and will do so again because he is too good to remain on the bench. He is 6'8 223 pounds. He is also a senior. He is the best shot blocker on our team. He is almost as good at Andres at everything else but not quite as good at any of it. Still, he is a very capable 2nd option and his defense is superb at times. Rated 75 overall.

W.B. Meeking is 6'6 196 pounds and is rated 65 overall. He is a sophomore and I'm not sure he is the answer for when the 2 big men graduate. He is ok at most things but doesn't excel in any area. He is a sophomore.

PF's:

Sergio Owensworth is a junior who is rated 67 overall. He is 6'8 229. His lack of size is another reason I've felt good about starting Santos. Ownesworth is a decent 3 point shooter for a 4. He doesn't do anything really well though. Not much potential for improvement either. Still, he'll provide minutes off the bench as the #1 interior option this year. He is the only "true" PF on the roster.

C:

Jean Pait is 6'10 226 pounds and he is my 4th senior starter. He is rated 69 overall. He doesn't thrive offensively, but I'm starting to see his benefit in the offense. He can hit the open 8-10 foot jumper. He also is a decent rebounder and a fair interior defensive presence. Also, a good passer for a big man. Finally, he runs well for a big man.

Sophomore Jerel Bogans is the third newcomer to the team this year. He also looks quite good. He is rated 64 overall which is better than expected. He is 6'8 220 now. He is a good shot blocker who can pass and shot the mid range jumper. He also is a good rebounder for his size. He'll get valuable minutes off the bench and might even surplant Owensworth as the #1 option off the bench for the interior.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote