View Single Post
Old 12-24-2007, 11:28 PM   #2
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Since I basically scouted everyone the first time, for this 2nd dynasty, aka the "real one," I'm not going to re-scout. I do, however think I will be red-marking guys I took the first time around. I hope that's not a competitive advantage. I apologize if it's not to the "letter of the law" of the challenge.

Now to the trades, I will attempt to get as many selections as possible in this draft, and at least 3-4 #1 picks if possible.

1.1 gets traded to the Falcons for their picks in rounds 1-5, all being the 4th selection.

3 QB's immediately go off the board, so at 1.4, I'm going to trade down again.

I trade 1.4, and the 2009/2010 #2's to the Steelers for 1.6. I will pick at 1.6 most likely.

My previous aborted dynasty, I took LT Clemons at 1.4....he's no longer there at 1.6. I think I shall trade down one more time.

I drop down to 1.10, trade that and 2 future #3's for 1.10, 2.9, 3.8

At 1.10, WR Harris Powell is still on the board. I like him quite a bit, he really seems like a no-brainer this late in the draft.

**** General Note ****
Way too many marginal QB's go in the early part of this draft.

At 1.14, I make another trade to get in the first round, trading next years #1, and 3.8 for 1.14. I take RB Tyrus Torres, a guy I had a minor man crush in my aborted dynasty. I got him around 21 last time, but I'm not risking it this time.

Marcus Danek, RDT looks like the player I can build a foundation of a 3/4 on, so leaving nothing to risk, I trade the 2010 #1(my last real bargaining chip), and 3.1 for 1.15, and 4.15. I take Danek.

At 1.17, CB Bo Grandos goes. I should have probably taken him. Not looking to risk anything else, I pick up 1.18, 4.20, 5.19, 6.18, 7.17 from the bears for 2.2, 2.9

I take OLB Leland Hammel at 1.18

In the 2nd round, I have 2.4, 2.5, I take RT Dotson and RDE Givens. They both look like solid players.

At 3.4, 3.6, I look to get a QB. Matt Walker looks good enough, Fernando Barlow LDE looks like a good pickup at 3.6

In the 4th round, I have 5 selections. 2/4/5/14/21. I will also attempt to get an extra 4th or two if possible. I still have 5/6/7 in both of the next 2 drafts.

The forth round will be "make or break" for my team. I notice immediately I need to get some secondary help, possibly a linebacker, and definitely some more linemen.

Lance Greene LT looks like a potentially solid player, he goes at 4.2
Byron Choisser LCB is a holdover from my last draft, I got him around here the last time, I decide to do so again.

Running Ledger

1.10 WR Harris Powell
1.14 RB Tyrus Torres
1.15 RDT Marcus Danek
1.18 OLB Leland Hammel
2.4 RT Darryl Dotson
2.5 RDE Carlton Givens
3.4 QB Matt Walker
3.6 LDE Fernando Barlow
4.2 Lance Greene LT
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote