View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 12:18 AM   #47
Radii
Head Coach

Offseason Recruiting

I've already landed 2* JC Freshman Center Scott Hayes, a 7 footer from High Point, NC.

As recruiting starts I am in some trouble. I've got 4 other scholarships available and my top target immediately signs elsewhere(I had him up to 95%, didn't quite get there).

My other two top targets look unlikely to sign. I go find a couple guys who have reasonable interest in me and no other offers and hope that I can latch onto them.

In week #2 of recruiting I lose another scholarship target, expected but concerning.

In week #4 I land one of my late pickup targets, a 6'8 SF who I know very little about. He scouts as having B- shooting and B- Athleticism though which for a 2* guy interested in NC A&T might be ok.

Going into the last week all my other tagets have signed elsewhere. I'm pretty desparate to land a guard and go for the highest rated 2* guard i can find with no scholarship offers that has any sort of reasonable interest in me. Basically, I'm begging the kid to come and praying he doesn't suck. Always a sound recruiting strategy.

My brilliant strategy works as I do land my target SG.

Incoming Recruiting Class

All of my recruits are 2* guys.

C Scott Hayes, 7'0, JC FR - Hayes scouts out prety well really. B- potential, B rebounding, B- skills and B- defense, with C shooting and C+ Athleticism. I think that's ok for a guy with a ton of size coming in.

SF Lucious Gooding - 6'8 Ranked #583 overall: B- shooting, B- Athleticism, C+ Defense.

SG Johnny Colter - 6'5 - ranked #560 overall: B- skills, B- defense, B- athleticism. This is our desparation guy, we actually dont know how his shooting scouts out.

With that we move on to next season to see how these guys stack up.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote