View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 11:05 AM   #10
cuervo72
Head Coach

Time for another update, and I'll copy this over from the other thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
There's no way I'm going to be able to trick out all of my characters though. Going through this for 15 50s? Not happening. Heck, not all of them even have Alpha unlocked. I think the order of preference will be:

Ill/TA Troller - has the +1 Alpha, is near perma-PA, is versatile and just generally fun.

Emp/Psi Def - Because, well, she can't do much by herself. But, I do like the character. So content where teaming is required seems like a pretty good thing for her to do.

WM/SD Brute - the most complete of my villains. For whatever reason I don't really like teaming with my melee types (some burden of leadership), but I wouldn't mind it with him.

Fire/Fire Blaster - fun factor. I love blasting, blasting and more blasting.

Grav/Storm troller - again, versatility. Plus she's my only other toon with the +1 from Alpha thus far.

After that, probably nobody gets much focus.

KM/EA brute - possibly. A recent 50 that does get played still.
Mind/Kin troller - maybe. Would be useful for the kin, not so sure otherwise.
Inv/EM tank - bleh.
BS/Regen - eh, probably not.
DB/WP - not too exciting.
Night Widow - never feel like playing her much.
Plant/Thorn dom - ditto. Usually even forget I have him at 50.
Ice/MM blaster - nice, but not as fun as the Fire.
NRG/Kin corr - eh, she's just a mess.
Mercs/Poison MM - getting tired just *thinking* about the resummoning.

Actually as things are going...I could see maybe doing this eventually on quite a few 50s, to experience the trials on a wider array of characters and to have a variety of Incarnate power combos.

So far though, I have only focused on the ones I had singled out, with the exception of the WM/SD brute.

Grav/Storm - probably the most advanced at this point. +1 in Alpha ([Cardiac]), +1 from Lore ([Warworks Total Core Improved Ally]). [Gravimetric] in the Interface slot, I forget if it is 2nd or 3rd tier (Gravimetric might not be a popular choice overall, but she IS a Grav, and I was thinking -speed might actually be handy on things like the BAF escape phase). [Cryonic] in Judgement, though again I forget how far up the chain I am. Thinking of going Total Radial for even more -speed/rech. Go for the total overkill. The only thing I need to do is unlock Destiny. I am thinking [Clarion] there, as mez protection is never bad for a toon w/o it already.

Emp/Psi - Been playing her more the last couple days, and have even gotten to and destroyed objectives in the Lambda! And not gotten just threads! Finally slotted [Spiritual Boost] in my Alpha (Radial next), has...ah geez, what does she have in Lore? I honestly need to check. But it's slotted. Going to get that Tier 3 if it already isn't, then work on Lore (going [Seers]) and Destiny [Ageless]). For a Psi toon that carries a Medieval mantle (if not actually surviving FROM the period), both make sense. I'll go Ion if no Psi-based Judgement power comes along, though hopefully it will.

Ill/TA - has [Musculature Total Radial Revamp] in Alpha, and I wouldn't mind eventually getting Tier 4 there. Started with [Void] in Judgement, haven't unlocked the others. Will probably go [Reactive], [Clockwork] (kinda match the faceless PA), [Clarion] (again).

Fire/Fire Blaster - has still only done a couple of BAF, have to run more. Man, it is fun blowing **** up. Needs to progress with [Cardiac], will go [Pyronic] (duh), [Reactive] (MOAR FIRE), [IDF] (something different). Not really sure on the Destiny buff.

---------------

I wasn't aware before that you could also build Alpha components from trial salvage. I'm MUCH more likely to do trials than TF, so this makes me happy. They just seem to work better for me. And if I were to reassess my list, I'd probably bump my NRG/Kin corr well up the list of who to run considering I can unlock Alpha and also find a decent role at least on the BAF.

Last edited by cuervo72 : 04-29-2011 at 11:07 AM.
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote