View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 11:39 PM   #163
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
So Gingrich imploded, Cain is busy fighting the implementation of Sharia law, Rick Perry thinks God crashed the economy so we could get back to biblical principles, Bachmann is Bachmann, Pawlenty looks uncomfortable in every speech. Can we just go ahead and start the Obama vs. Romney thread now?
I've had a unique opportunity to spend some time with Pawlenty and I've seen Cain speak. If our neighborhood homeowner's association needed a president, Pawlenty's my guy. He reminds me of the guy next door. But I don't want my next door neighbor sending troops to Afghanistan or putting people on the Supreme Court.

The more I see of Cain, the more I'm convinced he will say anything to be the "tea party" candidate, which is amazing because he was anything but a tea party kind of guy until about 18 months ago. I think he's trying to run the 2008 McCain campaign.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Paul's biggest problem on the stage is he seems to, no matter what the topic, tie it back into fiat currency/federal reserve. He'd be much, much better off easing away from that during debates/speeches.
If he addressed that problem, he could move on to his other problems, among which are that he's bat-shit crazy. I'm not sure the American people are that dumb -- they hear Paul talking about going to a free market and creating 15 percent economic growth with no inflation and they realize this guy has no clue what he's talking about.

Or they hear him talking about how he wants to "correct" the housing market by clearing out the housing market and letting prices drop further. That collective gasp you hear is the 65% of households who own their home and just heard Ron Paul say he wants to give them a $50,000 haircut.

Last edited by kcchief19 : 06-17-2011 at 11:39 PM.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote