View Single Post
Old 10-24-2022, 12:50 PM   #925
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
I can only assume he doesn't care how the team won those games, only that they won. I find it hard to call a game in which you turn the ball over 4 times at home and are down by 11 after three quarters a 'quality win'.

Apparently he doesn't. All those wins are by 6-10 points. Give Clemson credit for winning them, sure. But what it tells me is Clemson is barely better than those teams.

At some point it ends up being "by degrees" though. That "dominating" win by Tennessee on Saturday featured them giving up just shy of 400 yards to UT-Martin. Granted, as lesser opponents go they're better than average but even with backups in the secondary, that's a lot of yards to be giving up if you're a legitimate #2 - #4 team in the country

Simiarly, tOSU's offensive output was less than eyepopping for most of the day on Saturday. And UGAg's issue are pretty well documented.

I don't think Clemson would better than upper mid-table in the B12 this year ... but frankly ain't nobody looking truly great to this point either