View Single Post
Old 09-22-2020, 06:34 PM   #7
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Vic View Post
In 2024, 2028, 2032 and every four years after that, people will be saying "this is the most important election in the history of this country." Right-wingers will liken the Democrat nominee to Karl Marx, Left-wingers will liken the Republican nominee to Adolph Hitler and Attila the Hun.

In the end, not much will change and life will go on as usual.

Sums it up for me, with Trump being the outlier, only in the vitriol he spews will likely lead to even more violence than we have experienced as the fringe elements on both sides have never been this energized, at least in my lifetime.

As a very centrist independent I continue to have a hard time grasping how the extremes of both parties can be so unyielding in their beliefs and so unwilling to compromise in discussion or action.

I would love to see a complete breakdown of the two party system and see a process based solely on platform with no party identification, but like anything else, money and power will always influence the day.

Meanwhile most of us will go about our lives hoping the elite and the lunatic don't fuck things up too bad so we can continue to live enjoying America and the freedoms/opportunities it brings despite it's warts, while pushing for a level playing field for the marginalized. I know that is a very idealist hope for the future, but I have no energy or desire to live in a negative, contentious mindset.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote