View Single Post
Old 09-22-2020, 08:18 PM   #15
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

I think the move to more European-style government will continue. I don't think any revolution happens - nowhere near enough people really care enough. People aren't willing to disrupt their comfortable lives for things like that, I think the last 60-70 years are proof positive there. Eventually the EC, the Senate, what remains of the Bill of Rights, etc. will go the way of all flesh as more and more social engineering occurs, and the few parts remaining of the American experiment will go away.

I also think, as I've said before, that none of that really even matters. The future is global, not national. What matters is what the planet does, not what the US does, or China does, or Russia does, etc. The whole ballgame is us figuring that out before it is too late on energy issues, climate change, etc. I'm not certain a third world war, or a general collapse of civilization the likes of which hasn't been seen in the modern world doesn't happen. Probably not until late in our lifetimes or after we are gone, but it's an avoidable danger that is likely IMO.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote