View Single Post
Old 09-23-2020, 06:11 PM   #26
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
War is good for business if it isn't happening in your own backyard. And any breakdown of the country would result in them losing their biggest customer. Our economy relies a lot on this country having the standing to borrow immense amounts of money to pay defense contractors.

But beyond that, I just don't see wealthy people allowing it to happen. Are these people going to shrug their shoulders if the DOW drops 50%? Are banks just going to go with it if states break off and the old laws regulating their customers are no longer in place?

This pandemic is the closest we've seen to businesses really being hit by a stoppage in some time. And they put immense effort into keeping things open and running. I just don't see billionaires losing their shirts without putting up a big fight.

Also remember that most politicians are wealthy. Some incredibly so. While they might be fine bootlicking and playing revolutionary on Twitter, I don't think they're willing to take a personal hit to their finances for long. David Perdue and Kelly Loeffler aren't giving up their personal fortunes.

I agree with this 100%, so many that are happy to wage war on foreign shores would not be so eager for that to happen here.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote