View Single Post
Old 12-26-2021, 10:32 PM   #327
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post

They are also leaving on their own vacation the day after Christmas. They've planned out a trip that takes them away for 10 days, to Charlotte, Hilton Head, Jacksonville, Cocoa Beach, Ft Lauderdale, Tampa and Nashville. They are playing like 11 different disc golf courses, 3 that are in the top 10 in the United States. They are staying on the beach in Lauderdale over New Years. It's quite a fantastic trip, and one they planned themselves. They had mom and I look over the plans, talked about expenses and logistics, how to pack and get the best use of the car, which hotels to stay in and on and on. So they are taking this huge step while they are young, they've saved for it, and they are ready. It'll be a nice precursor to the trip to Vegas in February for them.

So they left at 3am, drove to Charlotte, played 2 top tier disc golf courses and checked into the hotel. Day one in the books according to plan,l and they were gassed out. Parent PM was very conflicted today. I know they are doing this, that they've planned it to the nines, and that they are both really looking forward to it. It's something they absolutely can do, but it's really hard knowing they are gone for a bit.

The real sad part was my oldest though. He planned and made sure he had 10 days off from work around and after Christmas. He did it because he figured both brothers would be off, home and we'd all hang out, play games and do fun stuff. He didn't know they were leaving. He was pretty bummed out. He gets lost in his world and doesn't get out of it very often. Makes me sad just thinking about it. It's gonna be a long 10 days and it's a real, real look at our future when they are both living their lives and our oldest is home with just the two of us.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote