View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 09:31 AM   #470
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Like I said, it hasn't been worth the paper it takes to reprint a copy for a very long time now. It's a useful tool at times & that's about it. Undo decades of mistakes in its interpretation & application then maybe it's something else, but I don't see a lot of reason to hope that's going to happen so I just have to deal with the practical reality that's left.

There's nothing "right" about allowing people who clearly lack the good sense to govern themselves or anyone else to be involved in the decision making process. That falls somewhere between suicide & plain ol' stupid.

Take a look at most of the jurisdictions in the United States and you could make the same argument -- particularly if they're on the opposite side of the political spectrum of the person making the argument. It's a tired argument, let's get to something that's actually substantive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Again this argument falls under the "do you know you're talking to JIMGA" rules

SI

Oh, I'm quite aware. He is just my only sounding board for views that annoy the hell out of me on this situation, so he is the person I am stuck with arguing the point with.

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote