View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 05:33 PM   #63
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

It's announced before our first TV show of the month, that the CWA has commissioned a new title: The CWA Television Championship. The belt will be fought for (and defended) solely on television in 15 minute time limit matches, and a tournament to crown the first TV champion will be held starting this week.

From the Dothan Civic Center, (ATT:3100, SOLD OUT).. It's...

CWA Championship Wrestling Week 1 May

Pre-Card: In a match that had some good action and average heat, Tommy Rich defeated Dutch Mantell in 15:01 by pinfall with a Lou Thesz Press.(C: You may wonder why I spent an appearance fee on my world champion, only to have him appear in a pre card match? Wait and see)..

Main-Card

The show opens with Austin Idol in a neckbrace and sunglasses, coming down to the ring. He seems composed and the same Austin Idol that the fans have known and heckled for months.. but finally once he removes the sunglasses.. there is madness in Austin Idol's eyes.

"Lawler! You think it's over? You think you ended it last wek when you piledrove me on a steel chair in front of all the fans watching? It's NOT OVER! IT'LL NEVER BE OVER, JERRY LAWLER! I AM GOING TO HAUNT YOU TO THE ENDS OF THIS EARTH AND BEYOND... I am willing to do anything... ANYTHING DO YOU HEAR ME??? To get you back into this ring so that I can have my revenge back on you. I know! The one thing that I value more than anything.. besides MY SOUTHERN HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE, LAWLER, WHICH YOU STOLE FROM ME.. is my good looks. My hair.... that's it! Lawler! Face me in a match.. and if you win.. you can.. you can.. YOU CAN SHAVE MY HEAD FOR ALL I CARE.. But I won't lose. Not to you, Lawler. I WILL NOT LOSE AGAIN!"

(Gee, I think Austin Idol is taking this defeat kind of personally, don't ya think?) (C+)

In the first quarterfinal of the TV Title tournament, In a match that had some good action and average heat, Scott Hall defeated Sting in 10:21 by pinfall with an Elevated Powerbomb. (D+)

Jerry Lawler comes out and calls Austin Idol to the ring.. "For the past couple of months, you've made my life hell, Austin Idol.. feels strange to have the shoe on the other foot, don't you think? You've had me beat up.. played mind games with me.. but you're telling me it's never over between us? Face it Idol... if I beat you again and shaved you bald, you'd get back up and claim that you were robbed.. again.. and just attack me again. No, Austin, I don't need to beat you again to know that I'm the better man.. these fans don't need me to beat you again to know that I'm the better wrestler.. and besides.. I'm enjoying you squirm way too much!"

Idol freaks out and gets in Lawler's face, who knocks him down with one punch! Lawler leaves to cheers, and Idol throws a fit in the ring once he gets back up, to the fan's delight (B-)

In the TV Title Tournament, In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Scott Steiner defeated Phil Hickerson in 11:24 by pinfall with a Frankensteiner. (D-)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Dirty Rhodes and Don Bass defeated King Cobra and Jeff Jarrett in 10:20 when Dirty Rhodes defeated King Cobra by pinfall after using a foreign object. Don Bass and Dirty Rhodes make defence number 3 of their AWA Southern Tag Team titles. (D)

Chic Donovan comes out and continues to beat on Jarrett outside. "You've not paid your dues, Kid!" (E)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Jerry Lawler defeated Big Bubba in 7:12 by pinfall with a Flying Fistdrop. (C-)

As Lawler's accepting cheers inside the ring, the camera shifts to backstage, where Tommy Rich is down on the ground, being beaten by Bam Bam Bigelow, Austin Idol and Jim Cornette! They lift a groggy Rich up, and Cornette Rams the butt-end of that loaded tennis racket right into Rich's throat!

Lawler runs backstage and the heels scatter, as Lawler guards Rich and frantically calls for a medic.. (C-)

D+ rated card.