View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 06:42 PM   #1
Izulde
Head Coach

Izulde Jestor Hits The Ice: EHM Freeware

You've heard of his numerous basketball exploits. Some of you have seen his slow-running baseball antics. Now, one of the most famous GMs in sports, Izulde Jestor, is taking on hockey.

After numerous interviews around the league, Jestor has finally chosen to sign with...

The Nashville Predators, a team I became a casual fan of while attending a national marketing competition, won out over the Boston Bruins and Toronto Maple Leafs (different girls), and the Calgary Flames, who were my childhood favorite team.

Ultimately it came down to the Predators being the worst team of the batch and their not having won a Stanley Cup.

This is my first time writing an EHM freeware dynasty, so I don't know how this is going to go or if I'll stick with it. I've played seasons upon seasons upon seasons offline though through the years.

First thing I do is clear out my staff, firing one of our scrub scouts and physiologists and try to hire a super scout and super physio.

While we're doing that, a brief look at the roster.

Goalies
Mike Dunham
He's been our starting goalie for the last three seasons and the 29 year old is solid enough. Signed to a 5 year, $2.875 mil. deal so we might trade him before his ugly contract becomes too much.

Thomas Vokoun
Our goalie of the future, the 24 year old rookie assigned to an affordable, 4 year $800,000 a season salary may well be our starter this season. He's a step below Dunham, but it's not like we're going to be good any time soon, so might as well throw him in the fire. ...Weird, he's listed as a rookie even though he's been our #2 goalie the last few years.

Defense
Andy Delmore
24. Unremarkable, but this former Flyer will be a starter anyway. That's how weak we are in the backline. No, I don't know if that's the proper term, but I'm using it anyway. Does have a nice shot.

Mark Eaton
Decent checker, but again, unremarkable 24 year old. Played for us last year and the Flyers the year before that. Hmm, I see what the old management did there with Delmore and Eaton. They make a solid offensive/defensive pairing.

Cale Hulse
27 year old is a nasty hitter with good checking and positioning. He'll have a role on our third line, which I intend to make the hit and grind line. Keep in mind, I know absolutely nothing about what to set each line and never paid attention to it before, so yeah.

Kimmo Timonen
Offensive oriented 26 year old and a Finn. It's a tossup in my opinion as to whether he or Delmore is the better offensive guy. He's been with us since 1998, or the beginning of the franchise. That alone will probably give him the edge over Delmore.

Karlis Skrastins
26 year old scrub, save for th4 penalty game. Definite trade bait, in my opinion.

Bill Houlder
The old man of the backline at 36 years old and our best defensive defender even given his age. The very definition of journeyman, he's played for 7 different teams in his lengthy career, including two stints with Tampa Bay.

I'll do the forwards later. Have some stuff to do. I may make a trade before my next post, to save myself having to write up on some of the forwards.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)

Last edited by Izulde : 06-21-2011 at 06:42 PM.
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote