View Single Post
Old 06-15-2018, 08:24 AM   #259
GoldenCrest Games
High School Varsity

Thumbs up

Week 5

I finally got a taste of Swarm/Twisters level domination.

This week I switched over to the Swarm offensive playbook. As I was playing with my defensive depth chart, it dawned on me that my new CB Benn is a pretty effective RB/WR. (maybe even more effective than Faulkner!) I'm happy with the Spider playbook now, so I switched over to the Swarm power-passing offense.

O.M.G.

That is an INSANE offense. I can see why the Swarm are so powerful. If you have the RBs to make it work, and have at least 1 legit WR threat, it's an offense that is really hard to stop. I'll need to run it a few more games to figure out precisely why it's so tough, but right now it feels like the delay for the RBs to get upfield and into pass patterns is creating extra space for them to get open. I do't think it's the matchups, because the defense always matches up man defenders based on receiving threat.

In any case, it's a really cool offense. I'm loving it. Also, Benn is good enough that Faulkner might permanently have a new running mate.

I captured a little video of Faulkner working over the Alpacas on a kick return. Just look at that move!!https://www.facebook.com/GoldenCrest...341884627/?t=0

I'll try to get some good videos of the power-passing offense in action.
Attached Images
File Type: png week5.png (83.4 KB, 53 views)