View Single Post
Old 06-19-2020, 11:36 AM   #9
Wudu2
n00b

Hi Ronmun,

To use the files, do this:

1. Start a new game and make sure the top option "Begin game using alternate player file" is set to "Yes". Set the other options on this page to your liking and click "submit".

2. The game will prompt you to chose a player file, so choose the FOF8 .fdt file of whatever season you want. This will put you in your chosen year, after the amateur draft. Currently the only 1980s file we have is 1983 but if you were looking for a specific year, I can probably convert from an older file for you.

3. Next year, just before you start free agency there will be a button that says "Import Draft" at the top. This is the only time you can import a custom draft, so make sure you put it on your checklist of things to do before free agency.

4. Press the "Import Draft" button and it will prompt you to select the season you wish to import.

That should be it. I'm assuming you're playing FOF8, so make sure that you only use the files from the release folder that are from that game. There are differences in the FOF7 and FOF8 file structure that make them not work with eachother. The biggest gotcha I've seen for people is that the draft files and the roster files are different file types and that has tripped people up. Start with the .FDT roster file and continue with the .FAF draft files.

Last edited by Wudu2 : 06-19-2020 at 11:39 AM.
Wudu2 is offline   Reply With Quote