View Single Post
Old 09-08-2021, 01:49 PM   #30
tanner_the_taco
n00b

Error When Generating Draft Files

Hi All,

Just started a career from 1983 using these draft files and the 1983 roster. I'm having a lot of fun with it so far! Big thank you to those who worked on all of this.

I've run into one issue so far that I was wondering if anybody had any insight on. I like to edit the draft classes and make it so certain players play a certain way (I.e. I wanna make Randall Cunningham more like a modern Lamar Jackson, etc.) but for some draft classes (like the 1985 class) when I save the csv file and go to "Generate Draft File" I get an error that says:

"This draft file contains less than 800 player records. Draft files must contain at least 800 draftable players, or the game will behave unpredictably"

The weird part is that I've had no problems with a couple draft classes. The later ones (2018-2020) worked perfectly fine, 1987-1988 worked as well, but all of them from 1989-1995 give me the same error. I've tried copying players from other classes so there would be well over 800 players without duplicates. I've run a program in R to find any duplicate names in case that's the issue. I'm really at a loss for what could be causing this. I've gone through and tried converting csv files that I haven't even edited in any way and it still gives me the same error. I've also tried working with Numbers, Excel, and Google Sheets so it's not a microsoft office issue.

If anyone else has run into this issue or knows of a workaround, that would be great! Definitely at a loss with it at the moment.
tanner_the_taco is offline   Reply With Quote