View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 03:51 PM   #346
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post

As for the run. Well, I suck at running. I was winded very easily, ending up doing about 55/45 on the run-to-walk ratio. Took 29 minutes to do 2.4 miles. Right as I upload it I see digamma did 4.5 miles in a little over that time. Sweet!

As for the speed.. Running is not something that you can cram for like a test and suddenly come out and run super fast. Looking at your run, you were going really fast but then had to stop because you got winded. Since you haven't run much, your aerobic base is not able to handle running that fast for that long. My best suggestion for you to make running a bit more enjoyable is to slow down.

Everyone has different fitness levels, and you're probably in far better shape than I was when I started running, so its hard for me to tell you how much slower you should run, but the general recommendation I hear is when you first start running, you should be able to have a conversation with someone comfortably as you do it. If you are too short on breath or are getting winded, you are going way too fast. Next time, try turning it down a few notches and see how much further you can go before you get winded. You don't have to run fast to improve your aerobic base, and as you do it more, you'll be able to run fast for longer down the road.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote