Thread: One and Done
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2007, 07:46 PM   #3
Logan
Head Coach

Season 3. We have all our original UDFAs who we signed to 2 year deals up for new deals. We sign everyone to 3 year deals (with some wanting more than the minimums) with the exception of our 3rd string QB who won't sign because of a lack of playing time. There's no one on the roster who I can convert to QB, so in the interest of keeping this alive, I go out and sign a QB who was part of that class. He's rated 7/17. If anyone has a problem with this and wants to invalidate any success I have, that's cool.

We have our first holdout, as SS Lance Redmond wants a new deal. Can't blame him as he's been very good for us. He wants a 4 year deal for $9.7 million. I'd like to go long term with him, but he won't sign on for more than 4 years at that salary. We give him what he wants.

Some of our other original draft picks are in the last year of their deal. Billy Joe Ater has started all 32 games for us. I reward him with a 4 year, $8.5MM deal. Wendell Fredrickson has started 22 games and caught 66 balls. He gets a 3 year, $2.8MM deal. DE Willie Malcomson had 4.5 sacks last year. We'd like to see him step it up, but for now he gets a 3 year, $3.2MM contract. O.J. Aschbacher hasn't done much in limited snaps at LB, but he gets a 3 year, $2.5MM deal. CB Everett Zamora gets a new deal at 3 years, just under $2.4MM.

And we sim...

Wow this team is awful. 1-15, 192 points scored vs 430 allowed.

At QB, McGregor was beyond awful. 168-305, 1652 yards, 2 TDs, 23 INTs. I gave Bryant Newton the start 5 times (couldn't give anymore as McGregor would become disgruntled as soon as he hit the bench) and played better. 105-179, 931 yards, 6 TDs, 7 INTs.

Derek Lawless continues to be the technical starting RB. 168 carries for 766 yards and 3 scores. Jack Fling was the nice surprise in his short yardage/passing down role. He had 205 carries for 800 yards and 10 TDs. Wow, a standout among my offense.

Harris Powell improved his catch/target ratio, with 41 grabs on 67 looks, for 543 yards and 3 scores. William Okobi was a nice surprise with 52 catches for 568 yards and 3 TDs. He had 108 targets...might need to figure out how to get the ball to Powell more.

Pretty much more of the same defensively. ILB Eric Haslett and SS Lance Raymond continue to be the leading tacklers. Myron Riti led us with 5.5 sacks.

Unless McGregor booms during camp, I have to let Newton start and figure out a way to keep McGregor happy so I can continue.

Year end score - 47. Roster strength of 86.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote