View Single Post
Old 04-02-2015, 10:22 AM   #580
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
And I'm not lashing out at this being just a game.

I've come completely cleaned, as asked and no one believes me.

What would you do in this situation?

Not vote for myself.

Look, all of us have a small view of the elephant -- the only ones who know who is who are the wolves. The wolves are lying. All game. So we are trying to make the best decisions we can with imperfect information.

This means that yeah, most of the time we are going to lynch good guys early despite our best efforts. And yeah, it sucks when you are good and people don't believe you.

But this IS THE GAME. And what you don't do is get pouty and vote for yourself. Or, IMO, use your power to save yourself when you are on the block.

You say the horn will convert you to the dragon. Great! The rules make it sound like the crystal sword is what the dragon needs, and that everyone in the Illian faction is looking for the horn for some other reason. So there is a natural discrepancy there. I don't blame anyone for doubting that because, again, wolves lie. You very well may not be lying, in which case it sucks that there is a difference between how the equipment is written and how it actually works, but my inclination is always going to be to go back to the ruleset.

I mean, you play this game awhile and there are going to be times it gets under your skin. But none of this is personal, we're just trying to get the bad guys, y'know?