View Single Post
Old 07-19-2015, 12:31 AM   #20
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
I know a guy who's an engineer for Tesla. He's an insufferable, self-righteous prick. But he's super smart and the stuff he works on is pretty amazing.
Given the enormous odds they have faced - and continue to face - it wouldn't surprise me if this kind of mindset is common at Tesla: "Us vs. the world" with a healthy, super-sized amount of belief in what they're doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack
My brother works for Tesla. He's also working on an engineering degree (presumably so he can move up in the company? Not sure). Be interested to see how long he sticks with them, but he's definitely got a little hero worship where Elon Musk is concerned.
My comment above applies here as well. Add on to that some evidence to suggest the Musk isn't just out to make a buck (that's what his previous ventures were about), but to actually change the world. I'll say this - I'm happy there's someone like Elon Musk out there, because without him I'm not sure the electric car movement is even 1/100 of the way to where it is currently.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote