View Single Post
Old 12-29-2022, 09:21 PM   #35
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Dude, girls/women's basketball is hard to watch. The problem is, they don't treat women as if they have the skill to play a clean game. It's better in college, but even high level HS girls bball is not much more than rugby, with refs just waiting around for a scrum and calling a jump ball. My daughter played 5 years of varsity bball and there would be no less than 20+ jump balls in nearly every game.

If they would call the girls game like boys and make them learn how to play something other than tackle basketball, the sport would be better for it. You can't do anything about the relative size of girls to boys (short of lowering the goal), so shooting percentages are always going to lag, but there are things they could do to make it a more watchable game.

As unwatchable as about 80% of girls teams in Georgia are each year (the good ones exist but boy they're scarce), I can't imagine watching it now that they've added a shot clock (new this season).

Let's force teams that can't shoot a lick to shoot more often, what could possibly go wrong?