View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 11:39 AM   #156
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

January 29, 2013
We play 13th place Gillingham on their pitch. Schedule's been kinda hard on us lately, and will keep on being that way for a while too. Take a look at this:
Jan 15 at Oldham (Johnstone's Paint)
Jan 19 at Yeovil
Jan 23 vs Macclesfield
Jan 26 vs Chesterfield
Jan 29 at Gillingham
Feb 2 vs Torquay
Feb 5 vs Oldham (Johnstone's Paint)
Feb 9 at Stockport
Feb 13 vs Morecambe
Feb 16 vs Hereford

Let's see, that's 10 games over 32 days or a game every three and a half days. I don't remember seeing such a long stretch of matches at 3-4 days rest. A bit insane if you ask me and it's starting to take its toll on our players. Going into this game, quite a few are already at 90% condition or worse. Matt Somner's condition is at 88% and he'll sit out this one. Anwar Uddin takes his spot. Peter Gilbert is back at left back for one game.

The game is tough for us. We're down 0-2 at the half and it could have been 0-3 if not for one disallowed goal because of an offside. And then we exploded. Or I should say that Rowan Vine exploded. He started the game on the bench and was put in the game in the 60th minute. In the last 17 minutes he scored not one, not two but three goals turning this game on its head. Final Score: 3-2.

A hat trick in 17 minutes! Wow! Of course, he got the MoM, and their keeper got rated at 4 for his forms although I'm not entirely sure he was the only one to be blamed. They played awfully conservatively in that second half, not challenging our back line much if at all...

February 2, 2013
We play 19th place Torquay at Mill Hill. We completely shut them down in the first half, going up by one of an early Stephen Pearson goal. Rowan Vine adds to our lead scoring on a penalty kick to start the second half. Final Score: 2-0.

A dominant performance in which Wayne Thomas got the MoM. We move up to 6th place with this win, tied with Luton in points but with a match on hand.

FM
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 130202table.jpg (45.3 KB, 72 views)