View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 02:11 PM   #162
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

March 9, 2013
We play 15th place Rochdale at Mill Hill. Wow, what a unlucky start. Not that we're real aggressive but they came out and shot twice in the first half and they lead 2-1 at the break, Lewis Grabban scoring our lone goal. He adds another one with only 5 minutes to go as we scratch our way back for one tiny point. They only had one more shot for the whole second half.

Dean Cox left the game in the 55th minute and will miss about 3 weeks with a broken toe. Back to a mix of Schofield, Hart and Pearson at the left wing spot.

March 16, 2013
We play 6th place Shrewsbury on their pitch. Another important match as we're currently just one tiny point ahead of them in the standings. It's a typical away game for us in that we're having a rough time controlling the ball yet we're not being completely dominated. We go down one in the 52nd minute and I'm kind desperate for us to score so I switch us ot a 4-2-4 formation with about 12 minutes to go. It pays off in the 85th minute when Lewis Grabban scores the equalizer. My heart stops when 2 minutes into added time they score. It starts beating again when I spot the assistant referee's raised flag. There was an offside, the goal doesn't count! Final Score: 1-1.

Phew, dodged a bullet there and maintained our position in the standings.

FM
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 130316table.jpg (45.3 KB, 62 views)