View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 10:13 PM   #6
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Note This Section Did Not Happen

This section is for posterity:

I’m considering trading my last future number one for a bevy of picks instead of another mid to late first round selection. On the other hand, a fourth first round pick would be handy. Let me see how many number twos I can get.

I offer my future first to Oakland for their 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th, but no dice. Hmm. Let’s try dropping to the three spot.

I finally get an offer for the 49ers to work, a 6th, 7th 2nd this year, and a future 2nd for my future first. I rarely decline an offer that the computer says yes to, because you can only do that so many times. However, I know I can trade this pick for a mid round first, 17th overall, and I just feel like I have more value with a 1/17 than I would with a 2/3, 6/3, 7/3 and the 2/16 or so that I can trade the future pick for. I know that it runs one player into four, but frankly, more late picks aren’t exactly thrilling me right now. Can’t I get more high picks?

I reject the trade, but again, I hate to burn bridges. Let me try a different angle.

I try a trade for the 49ers second round selection, plus their 3rd round this year and the next two years. One two and three threes. Will this work? Nope. I drop a future three for a four and a five, and still no dice. I can’t even get a trade for 2, 3, 3, 6, 7. I can’t trade a 2 for two threes apparently.

I’m stuck. I have no desire to go back to my original trade. What if I changed dancing partners and dropped again?

I make a few offers to Pittsburgh. I finally make a deal.

I trade my last future first to Pittsburgh for their 2nd, 3rd and 7th this year, and their two future 3rds.

Some of my low round future picks are traded for low round picks of the same caliber this year. I am able to nab Denver and Chicago’s 6th and 7th round selections for my future 6s and 7s.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote