View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 10:45 PM   #43
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Next up:

RB

This is an easier position to do despite the large number of stats. Being a good receiving back is nice, but not vital. I have seven RBs and I want to cut to four. Torres is good enough to stay.

Unfortunately, the backup I drafted, Tyrone Kight is the worst of the lot, and has not special teams skills to fall back upon. Therefore, he is cut.

Here are the traits I care most about:

Breakaway Speed
Elusiveness
Speed to Outside

Who has the best skills in these areas?

Total number of potential points in these three areas combined:

Hoffman: 143 with a significant deviation of 13 and 100.
Fling: 157, with a deviation of 90 to 7.
Kelso: 165, with a deviation of 100 to 28
Fletcher: 144 with a deviation of 60 to 36.
Bush: 102 with a deviation of 54 to 4.

Well, that doesn’t look good for Leland Bush, the WVU alum. On the other hand, Kelso and Fletcher look good compared to the rest.

Alright, what about the inside game? Nobody has more than a 31 power inside running trait.

3rd down running is alright. It doesn’t make or break a back, but I’d like it. Fling is at 67. Fletcher at 48. Bush at 64. The other two are in the 30s. That looks good for Fling and Bush.

Who are the best overall receivers? Again, nice, but not necessary.

Leland Bush is the best receiver. His stats are all at 50 up to 74 and 72 for two of them. Kelso and Fling are next.

Special teams, kick and punt return?

Bush is at 49 and 53 in the return stats. No one else is close.

I won’t be looking at those players yet, but I want to go ahead and cut some players. Since Bush might make the grade based on special teams and receiving play (making him a solid choice for a shotgun 4wr set or something), I’m not going to cut him yet.

I am making Fletcher officially a backup. He makes the cut because he is the only one with any breakaway speed. I have to leave the rest because of the Leland Bush question. If I bring him on, my choices change based on his stats.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote