View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 10:46 PM   #44
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

FB

I have a great undrafted free agent in Marcel Maloney with a 54 potential. I cut the other FB.

TE

I want to take four with me into the exhibition season. I have seven so I need to cut three.

Rasmussen is the starter and clearly the best TE on the roster. He has a long snapping of 94, so there is no need to keep a long snapper.

Two TEs, Matos and Reynolds, and good on special teams, and may stay on for that purpose.

I prefer my TEs to block and catch, not specialize in one or the other. I’ll take a TE with no deficiencies against a great blocker who can’t catch.

Matos – He’s a red flag. Good on special teams (77). Barely adequate as a blocker. 37, 58, and 33 on the blocking stats. Spotty as a receiver – 80 3rd down and 76 downfield and even a 54 avoid drops, but a 7 at adjusting to ball, and 13 at route running. 24 big play receiving.

Reynolds – Good on special teams (75). While he is proficient at blocking technique, he has no strength. Worse blocker than Matos, better receiver though. Perfectly serviceable receiver.

Farr – 61, 42, and 16 blocking stats. Better than Reynolds at blocking, and a strong run blocker. Like Matos, also streaky as a receiver with a 0 in Big Play, 4 courage, 14 third down catching, but good stats elsewhere. Good at catching, running routes, adjusting to the ball, and getting downfield. Not a bad receiver in non-clutch situations. Would be a good target early in the downs with little on the line.

George – Best blocker so far. 46, 66, 40. 0 Big play receiving, 15 avoid drops, and 16 getting downfield against 81 courage, and 60’s in the other three stats. Another streaky receiver, but at least he is a good blocker.

Jensen – 36, 20, 48 makes him an adequate blocker but barely. Yet another streaky receiver, with low stats in getting downfield, adjusting, and big plays. Nothing more than alright in the other passing stats.

Worthington – 66, 52, 37 makes him a solid blocker. Worst receiver of the lot.

Now, who to cut? Although I drafted him, Worthington has to go. I have other TEs who are good blockers, but streaky receivers. He is just a poor receiver. Might as well cut him.

Who is staying for sure? Reynolds. As the only good receiver, it’s nice to have one TE you can throw a ball to

Who else is staying? Farr. As a great run blocker, Farr can open holes for Torres. He also is the only streaky receiver that can actually have a passing plan built around him.

That leaves me with one hole. I have left Matos, George, and Jensen. I need to keep Matos for now, until I’ve done the special teams works. Therefore, I cut Jensen, because George is a better blocker and they are both streaky receivers.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote