View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 03:36 PM   #372
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan View Post
I'm confused -- given how close your kiddos are to the top 10 in so many events, how on earth could they not be on relays, which I presume have dozens of relay squads partaking times four participants each??

Good question...the issue this year for Bailey and Bear is that they are 11 in the 11/12 age group. While they (Bear especially) are in the top 10 of many events in the 11 year olds, there are a number of 12 year olds on the team that are still faster. Combine that with the fact that the 11/12 year olds only swim 200 and 400 medley and free relays, which are the sprints (50 and 100 legs for individuals) and Bear and Bailey are both highest rated in 200 Yard races, and that's why we probably won't be in a relay.

To illustrate, I think the 100 Fly is the best chance for both the kids...both appear to be the 4th ranked Gold swimmer in those events. Obviously one of the four in front will swim the Fly leg in the A relay...but the other 3 could swim a different stroke either on the A or B relay, thus giving Bailey and/or Bear a shot to swim the Fly on the B team.

If there was an 11 year old relay, both would be on the A team and probably the strongest swimmer on the relay. Which, if they are still swimming well, sets us up nicely for next year.

Hope that cleared things up, and thanks for reading...

Last edited by Breeze : 02-18-2014 at 03:36 PM.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote