View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 09:33 AM   #386
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

2014 Georgia 14&Under Short Course Championships – Wrap Up

A few more tidbits to wrap up the State Meet…

- By rough count there were 15 kids from the Cumming Sectional and Sectional Advanced Team that made state cuts
- Those 15 kids combined in all their swims to post 87% personal bests. Bailey and Bear, both, swam 93% personal bests.
- Of the 15 kids only 3 earned medals…and in total they earned 8 of them (with Bear getting 4)
- Bear now has sectional cut times in the 200 Fly, 400 IM, 1000 Free, and 1650 Free*
- Bailey has sectional cut times in the 100 Fly and 200 Fly
- Bear’s point total was good enough for eighth in the state for 11 year olds
- The Gold team finished third for large teams (201+ swimmers), which is typical, as SwimAtlanta and Dynamo have much larger teams and therefore more swimmers to earn points

I know I haven’t posted pictures or videos in a while (still looking for an easy way to do this moving forward), but we did purchase pictures from the meet vendor for both kids doing the 400 IM, thus we get shots of all 4 strokes. If you are interested in seeing them click the links provided below**…

Bailey

Bear

*Note: While Bear has 4 sectional cuts, he may end up only swimming two events, because currently it looks like the sectionals are not offering the 1650 for 11-12 year olds (though they have in the past), and the 1000 and 400 IM are the same evening, which makes it unlikely that Bear can do both effectively. Meaning he’ll pick either the 400 IM or the 1000 Free and then swim the 200 Fly. There are some queries as to why the 1650 isn’t being offered this time around, and we are waiting on a response. I’ll keep you updated on the status of this…

**Note: By the way...there are some old photos (several years old actually) of the kids on the photography site linked above...if you want to see old pictures let me know and I'll link them in...

Last edited by Breeze : 02-28-2014 at 09:34 AM.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote