View Single Post
Old 03-18-2015, 12:04 PM   #94
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I don't know if I've lucked out or what, but with my first try on my first city I am inching up on 100k, everyone is consistently happy, no crime(even with very little law enforcement), constant growth and 40-50k a week. I did take a couple loans out early on, but paid them both back well before they were due.

Traffic could be better, which is my current project. But with my cash flow and current state of the city I should be able to tear down and build up as needed.

I put a huge focus on education early and public transportation later. Used unique building as they became available to build new districts. I demolished all my oil plants and replaced with Nuclear reactors, will likely do the same with coal at some point. I never saw the energy that was generated by windmills as being worth it.

Only hiccup was building up industrial, but used the "blue collar" tactic I believe someone posted on here and that fixed that issue.

Beyond that I tweaked taxes and policies as needed, but honestly my cash flow is such that I can set them to all spend aggressively and it will have a relatively small impact on my bottom line.

My only long term concern is I didn't realize there was a set amount of land blocks you could buy, I think once you hit 80k people you are maxed, correct? I may have expanded differently had I known that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
I haven't put in much time, but I've been wondering - coal power is much more cost efficient than wind in the early game. If I replace my coal power plants with wind later, does the pollution go away eventually?

Yes, I believe that's the case.

Last edited by jeff061 : 03-18-2015 at 12:05 PM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote