View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 09:53 AM   #100
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Dec 21, 2011 (morning)
We have a talk with physio Ewen Fairgreave, he's concerned that some of the younger players need a bit of a break, Lewis Whitely in particular. In going over things, we decided to give Whitely two weeks off, Jack Harrison, Sam Christensen and Liam McGovern one week off each. Let's see if that helps.

Dec 21, 2011 (evening)
Our reserves lose 2-0 at Whitby. A real pattern has developed with these matches, starters play poorly & Johnson gives up a couple of early goals, subs play better but can't score & we lose. Our U18's are hungry when they get in these matches, the rest don't seem to be.

Dec 22, 2011
Tough break for one of our shining youngsters, striker Matt Rickard suffered a groin strain during training today & will be out for roughly a month. With 9 goals in 15 matches and 5 MOM's, he'd been a real bright spot.

Our attempts to have Armstrong mentor Mason produced nothing, live & learn about the importance of complimentary personalities I guess.

Dec 24, 2011
Pre-match press conference for the Gloucester game on the 26th. I basically give them nothing, it's Christmas Eve for cryin' out loud.

Dec 25, 2011
Apparently there was some sort of miscommunication & those youngsters I approved extended leave for didn't get the word. We give Whitely 2 weeks off, Seery & McGovern one week off each.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 03-23-2012 at 10:01 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is online now   Reply With Quote