Thread: ZFL Offseason
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2003, 07:54 PM   #2
digamma
Torchbearer

Re: ZFL Offseason

1. As I update rosters, would you like the rest of the GMs to know which drafted players are disappointments in training camp and which are sleeper surprises? Or do you want to keep that information to yourself?

This is an interesting one. I think I come out on the side of secrecy, but potentially with rumors floating around...I'm not sure if there is a way to do this. I like the informational gaps we have right now. If we knew everything about everyone's players, I think the league might be less interesting.

2. Would you like the graded rosters (that which I have PMd to you) made public, or continue to remain private?

Same thing here. I think the secrecy adds something to the game. It certainly made me wary of trading for players during the draft, because I didn't know what kind of grades the other guys had. I kind of liked it that way.

3. Regarding expansion...it would be possible next year. This will require some discussion and decisions, for which I'd like your input. We need some proposals for how many teams (there are at least 4 interested right now) we can expand, how many to protect from expansion draft, and whether or not the league is ready for that or not. I'm not sure how many we can mathematically handle (is 4 too many? Not enough league players to go around? Somebody do the math).

I say we table this until the end of the season. This season we should have 30 substitute players, if my count is right--everyone should have 3 except Dophin and me, who have 4 and 2 respectively. Would that only fill one extra team?

4. IF we expand at the end of this year, should we continue the round-robin schedule (lengthening the season), keep the 9 week season (meaning some teams won't play other teams), or bust it into two conferences and introduce playoffs? Keep in mind, that two teams playing one another will always result in the same score. If we split into two leagues, we would greatly reduce the length of the season, with each team playing as few as 5 games (if we expand by 2)!!

I think because of the scoring, the round robin schedule should be kept. A five game season wouldn't be very much fun. If we went to a division format, I would think we would want to have at least 8 teams per division, with the two division winners meeting in the ZFL Bowl. That would mean 6 additional teams. But that may be too much for revrew to handle...not to mention figuring out how to add that many players.

Last edited by digamma : 05-06-2003 at 08:01 PM.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote