View Single Post
Old 09-28-2018, 11:56 AM   #31
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Also...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
  • Starbucks keeps their coffee grounds for gardeners. Apparently, those things are GOLD for compost piles. A couple of weeks ago I went around to six nearby Starbucks (yes, there are six of 'em within 3.5 miles of my house. I live in a yuppie-land...) and filled the aforementioned van with bags of grounds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
I'm also completely out of used coffee grounds, so I'll try to find some time later this week or into the weekend to hit all those Starbucks Coffee stores again.
Another comment on this. I've probably read more than a couple dozen pieces on composting, helpful hints, etc. Coffee grounds are mentioned quite frequently as composting/gardening gold. However, at least in the things I've read, it's extremely rare for someone to mention "oh yeah...just go to Starbucks and you can get all the grounds you need, and at no cost."

Anyway, here's what I got yesterday, and a close-up of what's written on them for more info.

Dropbox - IMG_0708.jpg
Dropbox - IMG_0710.jpg
Dropbox - IMG_0711.jpg

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 09-28-2018 at 11:59 AM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote