View Single Post
Old 09-18-2022, 06:43 PM   #521
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
By who, exactly? The story for most of Harbaugh's time at Michigan, right up until last year, has been 'Harbaugh isn't cutting it, how long till they get rid of him'? I'm not a Harbaugh fan by the way, but I don't see how they've been over-rated in his time there.

Michigan and Iowa haven't played much in recent years, and the whole 'right kind of defense' thing doesn't make a whole lot of sense given how much Michigan has changed their offense in that time period. 2016 is basically the only game at all that matches up to that narrative. And that's their only win (in just three meetings) in the Harbaugh Era.

In 2013 they lost six of their last eight and had trouble scoring against lots of people, lost to Nebraska, needing lots of overtimes to beat Northwestern, etc. Go back further than that and you're a decade back, much different approach, and you have typically struggling Michigan teams not doing well against Iowa and also doing well in general. It's just as often been the defense that is the issue than a problem with scoring points, particularly if you're looking at the three Iowa wins from 09-11.

You are right. Im from the Big 2,little 8 period and hate Michigan. So my narrative is whatever makes me feel superior to Fing Michigan, so be it. I hate Michigan way more than OSU.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote