View Single Post
Old 06-02-2017, 05:16 PM   #35
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainmaker
Did the Bulls ever lose to a team in the playoffs that had less talent than them? The East was really good back in the day.

First up on the Pacers series, we just obviously see it differently. Pippen had a huge impact there, esp. on defense. Jordan should get credit for the way he played of course, but it is what it is; he had a lot of help as is always the case when two high-quality teams are involved. If you look at LeBron's noteworthy similar series(against the Pistons, losing effort against Howard's Magic, etc.) I don't think you see a much different picture.

As to the question, it's really one that is subjective and you can argue these things either way. As a Bad Boy Pistons fan, I literally don't know anybody who thought we had more talent than Jordan's Bulls when we were beating them in '88, '89, and '90. I think the Bulls were also more talented than Orlando in '95 as would be demonstrated the next season, but I think it's reasonable to give Michael a pass on that based on it being his comeback year. Bottom line is I think these kinds of things can be debated back and forth with no real resolution.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 06-02-2017 at 05:16 PM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote