View Single Post
Old 06-03-2017, 06:58 PM   #46
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by nol View Post
Saying Wade was in his prime is a joke. He was equally as good as Pippen the first year LeBron was in Miami (unfortunately whoever the team's 4th-best player was then would probably fail to make a list of the 150 best players in the league, which makes the whole 'talent' argument quite spurious if you believe basketball isn't 3-on-3), and then fell off a cliff after that.

Wade was coming off his two best seasons ever. He was the 2nd best player in the league in 2009-2010. He tailed off the last season (and the playoffs in the 3rd), but he was most certainly in his prime when Lebron joined that team. And as much as I love Pippen, Wade was a better player at that point than Scottie ever was.

I'd take the Bulls 4 through 6 over the Heat but the Bulls weren't exactly rolling with a great supporting cast either. Scott Burrell, Dickey Simpkins, Luc Longley, and Bill Wennington were in the rotation on those later Championship teams.

Quote:
Other than that, your main argument here is that top 10-20 player Chris Bosh put up big numbers on a mediocre team previously in his career before joining LeBron as a free agent whereas top 10-20 player Horace Grant was drafted by the Bulls (with a top-10 pick, mind you. The last/only time LeBron played on a team bad enough to get such a high pick, he was younger than Jordan was as a rookie). Don't see a reason to penalize LeBron because his team couldn't find other good players.

Chris Bosh was the best offensive big man in the game when he signed with the Heat. Horace was a solid player but not in the same stratosphere as Bosh was who will be in the Hall of Fame shortly.

Quote:
The Spurs teams are much better as well considering they won just as many regular-season games as the West teams Jordan faced even when liberally resting players. Check the stats 'prime Hall of Famers' Wade and Bosh had in the finals those years.

Those Spurs teams are great and I'd put them slightly above those Jazz teams. I just think people underestimate how good those Jazz teams were. They were clobbering teams in a really good conference.

Quote:
The two years Jordan retired, the champion came from the West. Hell, in '94-95 the 6 seed from the West swept the 1 seed from the East. The Cavs (with Irving and Love injured) put up a better fight against the Warriors than any West team did 2015 and literally only need to win 1 Finals game for the same to be said about them this season.

That Magic team is still better than any team Lebron has faced in the East since that Celtics team close to 10 years ago. It's not his fault but the East has been a complete joke for about a decade now.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote