View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 12:23 PM   #244
Kodos
Resident Alien

I have stayed with a dramatically-reduced meat diet since last November. When I do eat meat, it is usually fish, whereas in the past, I consumed a ton of chicken, a decent amount of beef, and very little fish. Once in a while I have beef or chicken as a treat. My weight is down from 215 or so to 200 or so. Have had some struggles over the summer with family gatherings where it was hard to eat healthy food. I do need to get myself back to being more serious about it if I want to get down to 180 or so, which is my goal weight.

My main struggle has been getting myself to exercise. The only chance I get for serious exercise is at night after the kids are in bed and I've finished preparing food and clothes for the next day at work. By 10 p.m., hopping on the stationary bike has been a bit of a hard sell. I have been walking on breaks during the day, but that isn't really enough to get the more stubborn sub-200 pounds off.

I have really struggled with giving up soda. It's the only source of caffeine that I like, and I use it as a mental crutch when I am tired. I never get to bed early enough to get a decent night of sleep.

Last edited by Kodos : 09-04-2012 at 12:30 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote