View Single Post
Old 11-17-2018, 06:45 PM   #1
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Maassluis Merchantmen, take 3 (FOF MP)

Maassluis Merchantmen, take 3!

February 2nd 2004, that's the day the original Maassluis Merchantmen dynasty thread was created (by me, of course). Due to load times back in the day, a second thread was started on December 20th 2007, yet I struggled to keep it updated on a regular base and April 26th of 2015 saw the last update. So, given my track record, this new thread could go either way from daily updates to having full months of nothing new. Either way, the most important part is whether I'm interested in writing about this team and apparently I've found some motivation and inspiration. Perhaps the brink of the 75th IHOF season has me in a nostalgic mood?

Dates mentioned above are 'real time', but later on, I'll refer to in-game years/seasons. To kick off this thread, I'll pick up with how the previous 74 seasons have gone. Going one by one is probably a bit too optimistic, not to mention that the first 42 seasons have been written about in the old threads. I'll try to do it a bit like how those Wikipedia threads have their time frames. There've been some definitive moments in franchise history, most notably the days we spent a 1st round pick on a new quarterback, presumably the franchise quarterback of the future. Well, I'll spoil it a bit, we've had three Hall of Fame enshrined quarterbacks, I'll kick off with describing their respective era's, with the transition periods and all the way down to the retirement of the Class of 2064 and where were are today.

Last edited by MIJB#19 : 01-22-2022 at 07:50 AM. Reason: Fixed URL of the second dynasty thread
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote